Accessibility Camp 2023. The videos
In June, Fondazione LIA organized the third edition of the Accessibility Camp, a highly interactive one-day event that connects book publishing professionals with international experts to discuss about accessibility. Organized in the framework of Aldus UP and thanks to the collaboration of Libranda and Germán Sánchez Ruipérez Foundation (FGSR), the Camp gathered accessible publishing experts from Spain, Italy, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, the UK, Greece, Sweden and Finland.
The videos of the morning speeches are now available.
What is an accessible reading experience?
The day opened with a presentation of what is a fully accessible reading experience for a user with visual impairment. This was demonstrated by Antonino Cotroneo, who has been working with LIA for years as a tester and trainer, in a short demo with the main steps that a reader takes from choosing an e-book on a platform to reading it through the use of assistive technologies. .
What’s going to happen in the accessibility world? Keynote speech by Cristina Mussinelli
Starting from the legislative context, the General Secretary of Fondazione LIA held the keynote speech of the day. Trying to predict the scenario that lies ahead in the coming years for accessibility in the publishing sector: from the many steps already taken to the challenges that await us.
European publishers and the roadmap towards accessibility
Round table: which are the most interesting initiatives at EU level?
- Emmanuel Christien, Publishing Head of children and youth Grupo Anaya
- Gautier Chomel, Project Manager EDRLab
- Kristina Kramer, Deputy Director for European and International Affairs Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels
- Stacy Scott, Head of Accessibility Taylor & Francis
- Moderator: Gregorio Pellegrino, Chief Accessibility Officer Fondazione LIA
Towards an accessible digital publishing ecosystem
Round table: which is the role each player of the value chain has to play?
- Arantza Larrauri, Direttore Generale Libranda De Marque
- Silvia Clemares, Senior Country Manager, Content, Spain, Portugal, and Latin America Rakuten Kobo
- Ted van der Togt, Ricercatore KB National Library of the Netherlands
- Moderator: Luis González, Direttore FGSR