Fondazione LIA – Libri Italiani Accessibili, con sede in Corso di Porta Romana 108 – 20122 Milano
Cookies are small text strings that your browser stores when you visit a particular website, including ours.
Cookies are generally used by websites to improve your browsing experience by allowing the website to recognize you, either for the duration of your visit (using a “session” cookie that will be deleted when you close your browser) or for subsequent visits (using a “permanent” cookie).
To learn more about cookies, please visit the dedicated website, which you will find below next to your country of origin:
- Italy: Your Online Choices www.youronlinechoices.com/it/
- Others: All About Cookies www.allaboutcookies.org
The Italian Data Protection Authority (OJ No. 126 of June 3, 2014) has defined two types of cookies:
- Technical cookies – Used to allow the transmission of a communication, to conduct a service requested by the user or to carry out statistical research on the use of the website.
- Profiling cookies – Used to record a user’s behavior and preferences in order to send the User advertising messages in line with his/her interests.
With reference to the above measure, the website uses the following types of Cookies:
- Technical Cookies – Allow the operation of certain parts of the site. Their purpose concerns the maintenance of an active session between the user and the site and the preference of the language chosen by the user. These cookies are stored within the browser, you can delete or disable the reception of these cookies, compromising the functionality of some services of the website. For the use of these cookies it is not necessary to obtain the user’s consent.
In detail, the cookies present on the site are as follows:
|Cookie||Purpose||Third pary link|
|Control on cookie enablement||/|
|Site language setting||/|
|Anonymized Analytical Cookie
|Google Analytics is a free Google web analytics tool that allows you to collect information about the pages visited, the time spent on the site, how the site was reached. The Site adopts tools that reduce its identifying power (IP address anonymization of the user) and the third party does not cross-reference the information collected with other information it already has.||
You can cancel the use of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the Browser Plugin available through this link:
With reference to third party cookies used by the site, please refer to the supplier’s policy that can be reached from the link above for information on their disabling.
Another way to manage cookies is to change the settings of your browser. Most Internet browsers are configured by default to accept cookies. However, you can disable them or control which of them can be used or not.
Below are links to descriptions of how to manage cookies on most common web browsers:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/4027947/windows-delete-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
Please note that disabling navigation cookies or functional cookies may limit the service we offer or the content of the site itself
Changes to this policy
Last Update: February 2020.