A new edition of the Accessibility Camp by Fondazione LIA will take place in Milan on November 7th. This one-day event will connect book publishing professionals with national and international experts on digital accessibility to share best practice.
The Accessibility Camp is organized in the framework of Aldus UP, the European Book Fairs network promoting the internationalization of the book sector and the innovation of book fairs format.
What to expect?
- Presentations about the past, the present and, most of all, the future of accessibility
- Discussion and exchange about the most relevant themes of accessible digital publishing within some thematic working groups
During the day, participants will be invited to join a specific working table that explores one of these aspects:
- How accessibility can guarantee the quality of your catalogue
- How to optimize production workflows: Born Accessible vs remediation
- How to display accessibility information to end users
- How to create efficient alternative description of images
Soon here we will give you more information on working groups to follow.
|9.00 – 9.30||Welcome coffee|
|9.30 – 9.45||Elisa Molinari
Greetings and introduction
|9.45 – 10.00||Cristina Mussinelli
Once upon a time in the accessibility field
|10.00 – 10.15||Gregorio Pellegrino – Mirror mirror on the wall, what’s going to happen in the accessibility world?|
|10.15 – 10.30||Avneesh Singh – Global standards for digital publishing. What’s new from W3C land|
|10.30 – 11.00||Working groups introduction|
|11.00 – 13.00||Working groups|
|13.00 – 14.30||Lunch|
|14.30 – 16.00||Working groups|
|16.00 – 17.00||Wrap-up until next year|
Where and when
The event will be held in English.
We wait for you on Monday November 7th,
at the Swiss Chamber in Milan in via Palestro 2:
Our COVID protocols will evolve. Currently, we are asking all attendees to wear masks during the event.
The Accessibility camp is organized by Fondazione LIA,
in the framework of Aldus UP, project co-founded by Creative Europe Programme of the European Union